Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Officially Denied

Dear insurance company. How I hate you. Not only have you officially denied my doctor's request for the new drug Rituxan (Rituximab), you have also denied a medicine I have taken everyday for the past year. I don't really care about prior authorizations, or any other hoop you have for me to jump through, things should be taken care of within a week. I would also appreciate a call back when you say you will and if you are holding access to peoples medicine, it should be required that someone is accessible more than 9-5 Monday-Friday because some months, people refill prescriptions on Saturdays and Sundays. Enough with my rant.... Long story short, my doctor is working on it. Hoping to have a better outcome soon. I'll keep you updated. For now, I will continue IVIG monthly as planned. My blood work last month was not where it should have been, and I wasn't able to have Cytoxan so that chemo is put on hold for now. Crossing our fingers that the denial of Rituxan can be overturned quickly. Much love to you all and thank you for all the continued prayers. Merry Christmas! Love, Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment