Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dr. Newman

Thanks to a good friend, I got an appointment quickly. We took the trip to NYC on July 2nd, 2012 to see Dr. Newman at the Headache Institute. But we did some research before we went. It turns out, he is one of the best doctors in the country specifically for migraines. I have never had a doctor truly listen to the whole story from the beginning. He wanted to know everything. He did a neurological exam and caught more things in 15 minutes than the other doctors combined. I couldn't walk heal to toe without falling over. My eyes jerked around when I looked all the way to one side. I had nystagmis in both eyes.

He changed up the medications some, and sent me home with a script for more MRIs. He would look at the results of all the tests and get back to me. We went home with some hope that we would get some answers soon.

I did the MRI's like ordered on July 6th. It was for an brain MRI with and without contrast.

Dr. Newman got a copy of my new scan a few days later and called with news. He saw something in my MRI with contrast that he didn't like, but he thought I should see a friend of his, Dr. Williams at the International Multiple Sclerosis Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment