Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Meeting Dr.Williams

On Monday, July 16th, Mike and I took the train into Manhattan for my appointment. I was in no condition to walk the two miles, so we hailed a cab and in just a few short minutes, we were there. It's a beautiful facility, only blocks from Central Park.

I can honestly say, that I have never felt more studied and scrutinized than my first visit with Dr. Williams. I think we were with him for at least an hour and a half. I have to tell you now that this man is a saint, Dr. Armistead Williams III. He is young and he reminds me of Doogie Houser. He always thinks before he speaks, he is incredibly bright, and he looks at every angle. At the end of the visit, he wanted to see a few more brain images so we headed back for the train to make our way home.

I had the MRI done that night and I took the images back to his office the next day. 

Well, you have probably heard by now... that day was my diagnosis day. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis exactly one month shy of my 30th birthday. Sometimes life is funny like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment