Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Treatment

Dr. Williams sent me home to start a 5 day course of high-dose intravenous steroids. There would be a nurse coming to our house to insert a pick line and train us in administering the medicine every day. I wasn't too thrilled with the prospect of my "run at the sight of needles" husband getting trained on how to administer the steroids but I knew he could do it.

Ultimately, he lucked out. After the nurse inserted the IV, I started to not feel well and ended up passing out on her. They spoke to my doctor and they all agreed that it would be best for me to have my first doses in the hospital where I could be monitored.

Thus, they called 911 and the lovely firemen came and carried me out on a stretcher. Off we went to the ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment