Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Eye problems

On Friday July 13th, I started having sharp pains in my left eye. It seemed as though the headaches were now focusing their energy directly behind one eye. I called Dr. Newman right away and he was concerned. He wanted me to see an ophthalmologist that day. Because it was a Friday afternoon in the summertime, it was impossible to get anyone to answer a phone, let alone take an appointment, so Dr. Newman suggested going to the Wills Eye ER in Philadelphia. He wanted me to go as soon as possible so I called Michael and he started making his way home from Delaware.

I had an hour to find a place for the girls. Luckily, we have some of the best friends who have helped us over and over again, and this time was no different. She took the girls without even blinking.

By the time Mike made his way home, I was ready to go.

A quick drive across the bridge and four and a half hours in a waiting room, I was seen by an ophthalmologist and was given a diagnosis of Optic Neuritis.

They sat us down and started explaining what that meant. They were dancing around the words "Multiple Sclerosis". I told them I had an appointment with a MS neurologist on Monday and that I would follow up with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment